SEPOR - skimmer vessel
skimmer vessel - oil skimmer
Oil skimmers are pieces of equipment that remove oil floating on the surface of a fluid. In general, oil skimmers work because they are made of materials to which oil is more likely to stick than the fluid it is floating on. At the same time, the fluid has very little attraction to oil skimmers.
Oil skimmers are usually all that is necessary to remove oil from a liquid. In some cases, however, oil skimmers may be used to pre-treat a fluid. In this case, the oil skimmers remove as much of the oil as possible before more expensive and time-consuming measures are employed. Pre-treating the fluid with oil skimmers reduces the overall cost of cleaning the liquid.
Sepor's multi-purpose anti-sea pollution vessels can:
- recover and store floating oil, transferring it to collection tanks (recoil vessels) and unloading it ashore or into containers using two submerged pumps (unloading time: 2 hours).
The recovery of oily water and its transfer above sea level, is attained by using two modular skimmers, each consisting of a 1.5 m long frame and a 1.6 m long drum.
- eliminate surface oily waste by spraying a mixture of water and dispersant liquid into it. The capacity of the tanks containing this liquid is 2,000 liters
- collect solid floating waste using rotating metallic ribbons and then transferring it into containers which can be uploaded using on board oleo-dynamic swiveling cranes.
- provide a fire-fighting service with 2 pumps, each with a capacity of 50 cubic m./hour and a pressure of 40 m.w.c.
- decontaminate beaches, coasts, jetties and the sides of ships.
The boat called the Optimist can be dismantled, transported by road and re-assembled in just a few hours.
Both vessels are certified for national coastal navigation and for the collection of mineral oils with a flashpoint of less than 60°C. These boats, which have unique features and components, have been patented.
Based on more than 40 years of specialized know-how, the company is capable of engineering and building various kind of recoil vessels to satisfy all the requirements and needs of its clients.